My friend JD is the producer of SHELTER a film of young gay surfers that portrays them in a positive and healthy lifestyle and homosexual relationships. Recently she screened the film at Crossroads School, in Santa Monica, as part of their Gay Straight Alliance Program. There was an attack against her for this from the Catholics.
Read about it here on her blog: Catholics up in arms over SHELTER screening
After reading the blog and the subsequent postings I was wondering what the Gay Agenda really was. I hear the right wing conservatives talk of it but I've never know what it was.
Here was my reply to JD's posting:
I am always saddened when I read such posts as these from "Christians" who claim they teach and preach the word of God. They always talk of the Gay Agenda. I'm gay and have no idea what that is. But I wonder if they use it as away to blind America from the Christian Agenda. It's the religious sect that has, through history, that has destroyed, killed, and terrorized people for their faith...not the gay community.
I did not grow up in a religious household. Fortunately, my parents taught my sister and I to follow our own religious path...and to this day I thought that was one of the bravest things they ever did.
I came out when I was 17. I was a senior in high school. The next year I went to a college. I was part of the school's choir. (I've always had a love of singing.) My first and second year were the hardest because their were so many "re-born again" Christians in our group.
Now everyone knew I was gay...I was dating one of the fellow students in the group. We were just dating...but those so-called Christians would remind me every day that I was going to Hell and that God didn't love me because I was gay. I didn't talk to them about it, it wasn't even their business... but they were obsessed with my homosexuality more than I was.
Truthfully, I started doubting myself...both as a gay man AND as a Christian. And here I thought religion was supposed to help you and instead it was tearing me apart. I couldn't sleep at nights. I was so angry. Angry at God and angry at these people for being so spiteful in the name of God.
Then I woke up one day and I realized I had a choice to make. So I went to class the next day and when they began to tease or taunt me I looked at them and I said: "I no longer believe in your God, I believe in MY God. Your God teaches hate; my God teaches love."
Christians forget that our love for God comes from in and spreads outward not the other way around.
I know this is a lengthy post and I say all that above to say this: Christians never seem to deal with their own problems just everyone elses. They forget that their love of God should come from within and spread out.
You never hear of Gay crime. Gays haven't taken over countries and killed in the name of Gaydom. That was the religious sect.
The only Gay agenda I know of is the one where gays and lesbians just want to wake up every day and love and be loved and share that happiness with others. Ironic, how it mirrors that of the religious agenda!!!!
----------------
How do you define the gay agenda?

No comments:
Post a Comment